The Peer Review on Coverage and Take Up took place on 13 and 14 March 2018 in Helsinki, Finland. The countries involved were Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Portugal, UK, Spain and Estonia.
The rich exchanges and debates were introduced by the following presentations:
- Presentation of EUROFOUND study on coverage and take-up by Anna Ludwinek
- Presentation of the Finnish efforts to simplify benefit systems and reduce non-take-up by Olli Kangas, KELA
- Efforts in Scotland to improve take-up through campaigns with ‘experience panel’ involving over 2000 people with experience of social assistance to help to make schemes more accessible
- Presentation of the Belgian case on take-up
- Presentations from Portugal, Bulgaria, Spain, UK and Croatia on their experiences with coverage and take-up and suggestions to overcome problems
- Video Walking the Tightrope of Benefit Sanctions from the Chesterfield Unite Community Branch.
The full report of this Peer Review will be posted on this blog soon!